So today I’ve decided to take a moment to introduce a very lovely (and talented) author friend of mine named Tracy. I promised her way back in February to do a piece on her newest book “Drive Me Crazy” and totally dropped the ball (because I suck.) So I’m trying desperately to make it up to her in the only way I know how. Giving her shit away. (Maybe I should have said that with more finesse…hmm…) Anywho, Tracy (who is known by way too many names to count. Tessa Adams, Tracy Deebs, Tracy Wolff…Ivy…etc) is probably one of the coolest people I know. Other than the fact that she has some wicked bright red hair (that picture does it no justice AT ALL) she takes immense pleasure in doing things like: waiting until she only has 1 day left in her deadline to write an entire book. (She calls this her “total abject fear motivation technique.”) Convincing me to read books by corning me and reading from said book out-loud until I agreed it was “made of awesome-sauce and rainbows.” And is totally down with giving any and all characters life threatening illnesses just to see how they would react. But don’t take my word for it (though you really should, this is MY blog after-all.) Here are 5 things her BFF Emily McKay (yes, THAT Emily) has to say about her.
5 Things About Tracy… Via Emily
13 Things About Tracy…Via Tracy
1. I used to surf and hang out on the same beaches in La Jolla that Tempest does.
2. I’m a total techno-phobe. (KO: She wrote a freaking techno-thriller!!! How much sense does this make?)
3. I’m addicted to lipstick.
4. When I was five, I fell in love with the original Grimm’s fairy tale movie of The Little Mermaid.
5. I am terrified of sharks. (KO: Note – she totally won’t get into pools for this very reason…yeah, I said pools.)
6. My birthday has been on Friday the 13th five times.
7. I read between five and eight books a week.
8. I nearly drowned when surfing off of Oahu when I was a teenager.
9. I’m an expert at Guitar Hero.
10. I’ve climbed the Pyramids in Cairo.
11. I like to skydive.
12. Good Will Hunting is my favorite movie. (KO: How about THEM apples!!!)
13. I am obsessed with all things Matt Damon, Aerosmith and zombies.
Bio: Tracy Deebs collects books, English degrees and lipsticks and has been known to forget where—and sometimes who—she is when immersed in a great novel. At six she wrote her first short story—something with a rainbow and a prince—and at seven she forayed into the wonderful world of girls lit with her first Judy Blume novel. From the first page of that first book, she knew she’d found her life-long love. Now a writing instructor at her local community college, Tracy writes YA novels that run the gamut from dark mermaids and witches to kissing clubs and techno-Armageddon stories… and she still has a soft spot for Judy Blume. Stalk Her: Tracy Wolf Website / Tracy Deebs Website / Ivy Adams / Tessa Adams Website / Twitter
Drive Me Crazy by Tracy Wolff
The Giveaway!! I’ve decided to make a “Tracy Basket” so I’m offering up 1 kindle copy of “Drive Me Crazy” — 1 kindle copy of “Soulbound” — 1 Shark Attack coffee mug & — 1 bright red lipstick!
I’ve decided to make a “Tracy Basket” so I’m offering up 1 kindle copy of “Drive Me Crazy” — 1 kindle copy of “Soulbound” — 1 Shark Attack coffee mug & — 1 bright red lipstick!